Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
Harrison Training Group (In partnership with our officiating and issuing RTO Southern Grampians Adult Education Inc) is proud to be offering the TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy & Numeracy skills which is designed to give you the knowledge and skills required in the area of LLN to be held for all current Trainers and Assessors in Vocational Education and Training in Australia.
This program consists of 2 key components:
Stage 1: Choose the particular day you would like to attend (See below Course dates) Complete the online enrolment form (See below Link) We will be in touch with you once you have submitted your enrolment form to confirm your attendance with us and to finalise details for the course date.
Stage 2: In the 1 Day program you will work through the class materials with your experienced VET Educator and complete the required assessments. By the end of the day you will have completed the entire unit TAELLN411 Address Language, literacy and numeracy skills. All assessments for this subject will be completed in the 1 Day Session that you are booked in to. There may be cases where you may need more time to complete some assessments. Any further questions please feel free to contact the Course Coordinator.
Nationally, there has been growing awareness that people need to develop their LLN skills and to make sure that learners’ LLN skills are addressed in their VET experience, changes are have been made to make this a mandatory unit of study in the new TAE40116 Certificate in Training and Assessment qualification. In future, all trainers working in the Australian VET system will need to have the skills and knowledge needed to address LLN skills as part of their vocational training and assessment.
TAE40110 Holders (Please Note)
To work as a trainer in the VET sector a trainer must hold, as a minimum, the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from the TAE10 Training and Education Training Package or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency. Now that the TAE10 Training Package is updated all new and existing trainers will need to hold, or demonstrate equivalent competency for, the unit TAELLN411.
This means that the elective unit TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills has now become a core unit in the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
As a core unit in the new qualification, the unit TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills expands on these areas to give trainers a fuller understanding of LLN issues in training and assessment practice. The unit describes the skills and knowledge that you need to:
• determine the core LLN requirements of training
• access specialist learning support
• customise training to support the development of core LLN skills.
Competency in this unit does not indicate specialist adult LLN practitioner skills. In simple terms, the unit is about being aware of the balance between the LLN demands of the training environment, the LLN requirements of the training program and the LLN skills of your learners.
So what does this mean for holders of the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?
In addition to holding the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you will need to hold:
- Either one of the following:
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- Plus one of the following:
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools.
Some trainers and assessors who hold the TAE40110 may have completed one or more of the relevant units as electives or as part of ongoing professional development. If you do not currently hold the relevant units, you will need to complete them before 1 April 2019 to meet the new requirements.
For further information on Updates to trainer and assessor credential requirements click here
We host this program in the below locations around Australia.
Adelaide, South Australia
Gold Coast, Queensland
TAELLN411 Address language, literacy and numeracy skills
Next Courses (2018)
See “Course Dates & Venues” for further Information.
1. Current Locations: Adelaide, Hobart, Gold Coast & Melbourne (See “Course Dates & Venues” for further Information)
2. Your Workplace. (Group Bookings available upon request – Australia Wide)
3. Blended/Online Studies. This is a flexible and unique way to complete your studies with us (in your own time – Self Paced) Apply Online today (Click on Enrolment Tab: See Below) and within hours you will receive login access to your audio sessions and complete the assessments as if you were in our regular training class. (Note: All Blended/Online Students have unlimited phone, email and tutorial support throughout their study period – during business hours) Not sure if your suited to Online studies? click here to read more!
Training Times: 9am – 4:30pm (Complete Program)
Refreshments: Tea, Coffee, Milk, Biscuits, Pura Tap Water, Lollies, Mints (Complimentary).
Materials: Course Folder, Materials & Handouts (All Provided)
Pricing: $395.00 per person (Inc Certification for Online and Face to Face Options)
(Please contact us for expressions of interest)
(08) 7088 4800
Simply complete the 1 page Online Pre-Enrolment Form to apply for any of our programs. It will only take a few minutes for you to fill in and one of our team will be in touch.
Harrison Training Group is proudly in Partnership with SGAE (Southern Grampians Adult Education Inc)
VET Provider Number RTO No 20645. ABN: 88 674 972 092. (TAE Qualifications)